Sunday, May 28, 2006

You Can Tell a Good Blog by its Ominous Logo

Well, here it is, by popular request... Er, by no request at all...
I figured some people may have stopped reading my blog due to its enormous length, or others may not want to start becasue of the massive amounts of text to waddle through, so I've created the Condensed Adventures of Link, concentrating on just Japan, and getting rid of the smaller details of my trip!

Let us begin... now!

For those of you who are unawares, I am travelling to Japan on a 10 month internship at J. Morita Corp. Many of you may think I am insane for taking on such an interesting and challenging… challenge… but I am here to tell you, you’re probably right. But… this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and overall it’s very much worth it.

My company is located in Kyoto, Japan. It’s about 2h by bullet train from Tokyo. Kyoto was spared from bombing during World War II, so there are a lot of historical and cultural buildings, temples, gardens, etc, so I feel very fortunate that I get the opportunity to live there. I feel a little less fortunate that my accommodation is a company dormitory… which means a room that’s about 120 square feet, communal kitchen and bathrooms… and apparently I have a curfew as well.

Though I haven’t been given very specific information about the job I will be doing, I know that it involves designing circuits for intra oral cameras (J. Morita manufactures medical and dental equipment.)

No comments: